Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What Is This New Stomache Virus Going Around

hobbies Looking

Deciding to make a climbing course for over two years (it was the first thing I did after leaving my job as a consultant) me reported a hobby that has become a passion and a handful of wonderful friends. Almost nothing. As for my other hobbies, kites and skateboards, I have a little abandoned the harsh winter given Dutch.

However, at the risk of returning to feel that I keep running from one place to another without actually enjoy things that I want to find a new hobby like rock climbing, to be shared with more people, do as a group, but cultural.

Work on the site brings me great satisfaction. Two days a week I devote myself to read about the history of countless countries, I find political situations and investigate its tourist attractions. However, it is a solitary activity. I spend with myself writing in this blog or wherever, and reading. I will continue doing forever, but I do not base my life on hobbies that I locked myself.

The other day I saw a friend (climber), participating in an improvisational play. It was really fun and brought me good memories of the feeling you have uploaded to a scenario discussed in public. The difference is that you did with your friends, plan for fun and comedy, and I sold boring project management consultancy that, with few exceptions, I liked them.

When completed la obra, nos tomamos unas cervezas y el tío estaba pletórico. Feliz. Yo le miraba con una envidia sana y no hacía más que darle vueltas a completar mis actividades semanales con algo similar. Eso sí, tiene que ser algo que, como todas las cosas buenas en esta vida, sea gratis o casi gratis.

Hasta ahora las opciones que se me ocurren son;

1. Hacer algún curso de producción de música electrónica (llevo diciéndolo siglos y no termino de hacerlo)
2. Apuntarme a algún grupo de teatro (aunque aquí tendría problemas con el idioma)

Pero tiene que haber mil cosas más. Muchos de mis amigos de Ámsterdam se dedican a actividades relacionadas con la cultura, design and, in general, creativity, and I'm going to consult. Of course, if someone reading this post have any idea will be well received. Well get to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment